Monday 8 February 2010

Gluten Free Cooking


About a year ago my partner discovered that he had an allergy to gluten.  Considering toast and pasta were his favourite things in life this came as a bit of a shock.  What to do?

Well, luckily he took to rice cakes quite well [instead of bread] and we have chunky, homemade  pasta sauces on brown rice.  Which ultimately is a lot better for you than pasta anyway, so it's been relatively painless.

Recently he was recommended a gluten-free bread that actually tasted like the real deal.  The brand is Genius and he's overjoyed to be able to indulge in toast once more.  I enjoy baking but making bread, on top everything else, is just a step too far. 

I make my gluten-free goodies using Doves Farm gluten free flour.  I'm relieved to say that so far I've been able to simply substitute Doves flour for normal flour and the results have been fantastic.

No comments: