Thursday 1 September 2011

Great British Bake Off - pah!

I'm rather miffed with GBBO this year.  I mean really, why does pretty boy Rob still continue triumphant?  He's managed to successfully complete a whole two tasks.

Please don't tell me that the programmers have decided to go all X-Factor on us and keep people in purely for their supposed "tick-box" of fit young bloke?  Young girls do not watch this programme!  Or am I wrong?  The people that I know who watch are foodies and people who actually bake. 

Also, why decide that two people should go?  Was it Sue or Mel, who casually, underwhelming, mildly suggested that maybe two should go.  Thanks to the editing we didn't even see Paul and Mary's reaction.  Is this another limp homage to the feigned "surprise" that happens in every series of X-Factor.

Dear Beeb - can you EVER grasp the concept of "if it ain't broke don't fix it"?

I'm seriously considering not bothering to watch anymore?

Anyone feel the same?

1 comment:

girls who like to gorge said...

AHH! I couldn't believe that Rob stayed in over those two bakers who went out! Total travesty!xx