Wednesday 17 February 2010

Houdini Bars - now you see them, now you don't



It's that half past four feeling - that dead zone at work when you just can't be assed anymore and you need to still look busy.  What's a girl to do?  Well, I always start to look at food sites.

I happened upon this GENIUS recipe for something called Houdini Bars from a wonderful blog called CakeSpy.com. 

I'm not so into the idea of using a cake mix as the base, plus I'll need make it gluten-free otherwise my partner won't be able to eat any.  I think I'll just use a sponge cake batter.  I'm also thinking not to have mixture up the sides but just as a base?  Will report back when I've made these.  I'm aware that I'm probably doing things a bit ass about face because I should only blog about food once I've made it but I can't help myself.

Cake Spy says these taste bars are like birthday cake, cheesecake and coconut cream pie all at once.  Mmmmmmmmm!!

Photo courtesy of CakeSpy.com

No comments: