Monday 15 February 2010

Dippity Doo Dah Dippity Day



In my never-ending quest to eat more raw vegetables,  I've come up with a painless way to sneak them into my daily diet.  For lunch today I'm having:

Crudites made from: 

1 large carrot
2 large stalks of celery
half a large courgette
quater of a large cucumber

[other good vege to use:  baby corn, mange tout]

A dip made from:

small chunk of  dolcelatte cheese - cut into small bits
3 tbsp of fat free natural yoghurt
Approx. a tbsp of  freshly squeezed lemon juice
A good squeeze of Hellmans Mayonnaise

Other dips ideas:  teaspoon of pesto mixed with natural yoghurt /  good splash of Sweet Chilli Sauce mixed with half a carton of Philadelpha Light

This simple lunch goes very well with Ryvita Multi-seed Flabreads - which provide a crunchy, crackly, taste explosion.

The reason I try and eat more raw vege is because I have a sluggish digestive system at the best of times and also I believe raw foods provide more energy.  Plus I have to counter-balance my baking obsession somehow!

No comments: