Wednesday 31 March 2010

Viva Mexico - Wahaca Restaurant




One of my favourite "chains" is Wahaca - serving rustic, Mexican street food.  It's delicious, different and affordable.  Today Thomasina Myers, the one-time MasterChef winner turned restaurateur who co-owns Wahaca, will be chatting live at 1pm at the Guardian Online site

I'm emerging from a winter wherein I feel like I've comfort-fooded myself to death with stews, hearty soups and pretty stodgy english fare.  My stomach, belly-jelly and tastebuds are begging for some excitement and change.



To get started I'm planning to make some of these simple mexican recipes by Thomasina - with the help of some ingredients ordered from Mexgrocer.co.uk.  I've always wondered where to source dried chipotle chillis and other ingredients and now thanks to the Guardian "Word of Mouth" blog I know.

Photos courtesy of Flickr.com - creativecommons - Kakepugh & su-lin

2 comments:

Brownieville Girl said...

Melanie, I have just discovered your blog, and am really enjoying it:-}

Melanie Heavenly said...

Thanks so much! I'm new at this lark - great to get feedback